THE APPLICATION PROCESS
PLEASE NOTE: Applications are only available when there is a vacancy. Applications are only available at the Offices of The Mount Community Centre (1545 Monaghan Road) or Peterborough Housing Corporation (526 McDonnel Street).
- Application Forms must be accompanied by the required income verification in order to be considered complete. The following are required: the most recent Notice of Tax Assessment from Canada Revenue Agency, and latest pay/income pay stub/monthly bank statement.
- Incomplete Applications will not be accepted.
- Applications should be returned to the Offices of The Mount Community Centre.
ONCE THE APPLICATION IS RECEIVED
- Peterborough Housing Corporation (Property Manager for the Mount Community Centre) will conduct a credit check.
- Applicants will only be contacted if an interview is offered.
- Interviews will be scheduled, conducted, and previous landlords and references will be contacted.
- Applicants will be notified about the result of the interview as soon as possible.
- Applications will only be considered for the advertised vacancy. After the vacancy is filled, applications and any supporting documentation will be destroyed. Every new vacancy will require a new application.
IF YOU ARE OFFERED AN APARTMENT
- An appointment will be scheduled for you to see the available apartment.
- If you accept the apartment, you must sign a "Letter of Offer" at the Peterborough Housing Corporation. office.
- Your move-in date will be confirmed by Peterborough Housing Corporation.
- A signed lease agreement and a cheque or money order for the first and last month's rent payable to "The Mount Community Centre" are required before keys will be provided.